Skip to main content

Beliefs


BELIEFS

I believe in soul mates and I believe in reasons. Reasons for the good and the bad. I believe that the bad is actually a lesson to be learned and that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

I believe it is wrong to spend one minute longer with a mate/companion than one should, because every minute spent with someone you know you aren't meant to be with, is a minute that you have stolen from their lives, and they from yours.

       To illustrate that last point...try this exercise:
       I am 40 years old
       I expect to live to be 70
       I won't be able to be as active as I would like around 60
       This means I have 20 years of good quality living
       20 x 365 = 7,300 days left to live
   
Every day that I waste, is one day I can never get back...that is gone forever from a finite supply of days.

Every day I spend with someone I know I am not meant to be with, is 2 days stolen...one from each person. I have an obligation to not waste my life nor theirs...

I believe that the surest ways to meet someone with whom you will want to spend time with is to do those things you love to do.

Why I believe this to be true...

1. By doing those things you enjoy, you will meet like-minded people, and just maybe the common interest will spark something. If nothing else, there is more to talk about.

2. By taking care of yourself first, when you do meet someone, they will find someone who enjoys self-love and doesn't appear needy. Plus, it is infinitely healthier emotionally and spiritually to exercise, read and tend to your needs so that you have a good reservoir of stuff to share. Plus, one just might lose that nagging 5 pounds and feel better in the process...which leads to greater self confidence...and you know what...everyone loves confidence in a person.

3. By looking inward at what you can do to take care of yourself vs. outward [looking in bars etc]...happiness will come more quickly, and be more lasting. I believe that the worst thing that can happen is that I am with the wrong person when the right person comes long...because I believe the right person wouldn't be interested in me if I was in a relationship, because it would be wrong to disrespect the relationship.

I believe that if I leave a little piece of myself with every encounter...I have done all I can do to enrich the world by my being in it.

I believe that CHOICE is the strongest power in the universe...freedom of will...free agency...call it what you will. What it means is that of all the people on the planet, and of all the choices I have...I have chosen this moment in time to spend with you...and that choice is the strongest thing there is.

I believe it is my responsibility to create an environment with my mate and/or friends where they will 'choose' me vs. another. I believe that love is like a garden...in that it deserves tending...a little fertiliser every day...plucking a weed or two every day...and then let it grow. I believe that if one doesn't tend a garden, the crops die...and so does love.

I believe that trust given is a miracle and trust broken is a tragedy [again, I have learned this first hand]. I believe that whatever one does...talk, scream, cry, fight...but before breaking a trust...try...and then if trying doesn't work...respect that you don't want to take a day from your or their lives...and walk away.
   
I believe that words like honour, trust, reliability and sincere are sexy...I believe that what two people do in the privacy of their relationship is their own business...and no one else's.
   
I believe that women are women and men are men...and if we value the differences instead of trying to be like each other...the balance works better.
   
I believe that there are few things better than a cigar with a friend who you can talk to...especially a friend who will walk around the block with you for three hours when your heart has been broken.
   
I believe that what is worth doing at all...should be done well...half-assed is a bore...and no one respects middle-of-the-road.

Lastly, I believe that these are just my opinions...they work for me...and that is all they are meant to do...and if I am smart...I will live by them and allow others to live by theirs.
   
Don't be in a hurry to meet someone to spend your time with...because in your hurry you might rush right by the person who would've been great. Slow down and look inward vs. outward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PCI-at-a-Glance for Gaming

There are four levels of PCI Compliance.  Level I is the highest standard .  Levels III & IV are self audits and should trigger serious red flags within your organization, as there is zero accountability. Why choosing a PCI Level I supplier saves money and limits risk! -         Liability : using a PCI Level I provider means that you absolve yourself from all liability as it pertains to the storage and transmission of credit card data. This means that if there was ever a breach and personal information was revealed, your SERVICE PROVIDER is liable, not your company. o     Imagine your Public Relations Team explaining to your end users that their personal credit card information was compromised because you did not choose a PCI Level I Compliant provider. -        Registration pages: o     You must host registration pages, because they cannot touch credit card data. -        User Self Service: o     You must design, build and maintain USS because they can

beChange | WHY?

I believe that everyone feels alone or questions themselves from time-to-time. When it gets bad, it is akin to losing one's MoJo...where you doubt your instincts and find a bit of paralysis-by-analysis setting in. In baseball it manifests itself as a slump. Pretty soon you are standing at the plate and the ball looks really small...almost like a BB. And because the ball appears so impossibly small, you begin to believe the only way you'll ever hit the ball is if you begin to 'guess what pitch is coming next.' This then leads to BIG SWINGS...at curveballs...or LATE SWINGS...on fast balls. Net/net you look ridiculous! And the biggest thing...you LOOK lost...and everyone in the grandstands can see it! This happens in relationships as well. You start to lose your MoJo and doubt yourself in your relationship. You doubt the other person's feelings...your own contributions emotionally and intellectually...whether the person is still 'into' you...and you get a bit

Long Tail of eCommerce - Payments

Only 30% of Europeans pay with credit / debit cards! You can quickly do some online research and you’ll find that between 29-31% of EU citizens use credit / debit cards and instead prefer ‘localized payment methods. ‘ Localized payment methods drive international eCommerce! By enabling the online Guest to pay with their payment mechanism…online conversion is improved and site retention benefits. The Guest is less likely to commoditize your product due to their ability to pay how they want for what they want. Alternative or localized payments are common worldwide, and drive 10-30% improvement in incremental revenue from non-cannibalized sources. PAYMENT TYPES - GLOSSARY Credit Card - A card that allows a retail or business consumer to make purchases using a card and account where there is a predetermined borrowing arrangement up to a fixed monthly level. A plastic card bearing a number, the name of the cardholder, an expiration date and a Verification Code/Value. Used for purcha